Christmas sneaks around every year, after my Reese’s Halloween candy vanishes, and the nights go from cold to freezing. Every year I make a Christmas To-Do List to try and get the most out of the season as possible, especially since things are always hectic with school or work. Plus, I’m a dork and love lists.
I’ve grown up in Vancouver, and luckily, still haven’t ran out of things to do during the holiday season. With that nagging feeling of wanting to move cities after graduating from my school program next year, who knows, this may be my last Vancouver Christmas and I’d like to make the most of it.
Vancouver Christmas To-Do List:
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Robson Square (Friday December 2nd from 5-7pm): Vancouver’s giant Christmas Tree moves from Jack Poole Plaza (where the Olympic torches are set) to somewhere more central, in the shopping district and I can’t wait to see it.
- Enchant Christmas Maze: the world’s largest Christmas Maze, in Vancouver for the first time. I’ve been told it takes roughly an hour with plenty of photo opps, food carts and Christmas vendors.
- VanDusen Garden’s Festival of Lights: a classic I somehow miss every year, VanDusen Garden transforms itself with millions of Christmas lights.
- Bake holiday treats + drink holiday drinks + watch Christmas movies: This never gets old, no matter how old I get. I’m thinking peppermint brownies, gingerbread chocolate chip cookies, and spiked eggnog while binge-watching Christmas movies on Netflix (can you believe my boyfriend still hasn’t watched Elf?)
- Snowshoeing: We went snowshoeing this spring actually at Seymour Mountain. We don’t get much (read: ANY) snow in Vancouver so it’s fun to experience it. It’s also a nice light workout. Maybe we’ll try Cypress Mountain this time.
- Sea to Sky Gondola: I’ve been wanting to do this every summer and now it’s opened up for the winter with a Christmas theme and it looks amazing!
Is there anything festive I’m missing on my Christmas checklist?